What do interior designers do?
An interior designer is a qualified expert in designing beautiful spaces as per the client's requirement. They elevate a space by adding character through various styles, elements, and textures - classic decor, vintage style, contemporary, minimalistic style, and so on. This is done besides the right placement and space allocation techniques to make a space more welcoming and appealing.
What is the difference between an interior designer and an interior decorator?
An interior decorator works by just mixing and changing the decor elements of the space to make it look more visually appealing. They do not hold a qualified degree in designing and execution, whereas a professional interior design expert is skilled and trained in various designing and execution process. They work to transcend the client's requirements into reality, which is inclusive of all the civil work, modifying the placement, procuring the material, vendor management, etc.
Why should I hire a professional interior designer?
Hiring a professional expert is a wise choice if you have invested money in your house and want to showcase it beautifully with a WOW factor. Experts have a keen eye for detail and have a visual storytelling quality through the aesthetics and design placement of a space. Hiring a professional is practically a much more economical option as they plan and budget the layout as per your mentioned quote. You can be assured of the desired outcome as experts are best at what they do.
How much do professional interior designers charge?
Interior designing service cost is usually influenced by various aspects such as
- The type of property- house/ office
- The scope of work- partial or complete house design
- Designing requirements and technology used- 3D/2D models
- Raw material, labor and time required
- Any other customized requirements, if any
The quote is usually inclusive of the consultation fee, design plan created and the execution of the same. Remember, pricing is subjective and may differ with every expert. Here is an approximate service cost to help you understand the actual market rate.
|Service type||Cost per sq.ft|
|Complete house interior design||Rs.1800- Rs.2000 approx|
|Complete Office interior design||Rs.2500- Rs.3000 approx|
Similarly, designing a 2-3 BHK would attract a cost of approximately Rs.2,00,000 -Rs.5,00,000. Connect with an expert for better clarity and breakdown the service charges.
What services can I expect from a professional interior designer?
Interior designing majorly involves designing and elevating a space within the existing four walls. Here are a bunch of services that your interior designer would provide
- Consultation services
- Creating a 2D/3D and graphic design layout
- Offering a unique and customized structured design
- Sourcing decor elements such as architectural fixtures, lighting, furniture, etc.
- Fabrication and design aspects of window treatments
- Managing and supervising the process
- Civil work such as electrical work, painting, plumbing, flooring & ceiling, etc.
- Execution of the same
What is the difference between an Interior Design Consultant & Turnkey Designer?
Users have the flexibility to choose either an interior design consult or a turnkey designer based on their needs
- Role of an Interior designer consultant An interior designer consultant visits the site, consult your requirements and works towards creating an effective full proof design plan. They only provide a 3D or graphic design layout, which involves every minute placement and design aspect of the space such as flooring & ceiling design, window placement, electrical and plumbing aspects, etc. They do not help in the execution of the same.
- Role of a turnkey designer On the other hand, a turnkey designer works on everything right from conceptualizing a design, procuring things to executing it as requested. They take care of every aspect from scratch to end which involves sourcing decor items, vendor management, supervising and much more.
What should I do if I like to re-design my home or office, but don't have a lot of time to devote?
Yes, you should. An interior designer will handle the shopping, ordering & delivery of materials, furnishings & fixtures. They will also coordinate and oversee the labor, so that you can spend more time enjoying family, friends, loved ones & outside activities. Some designers can also bring selections to your home or office if you prefer not to go to design showrooms to try to make it as convenient as possible.